IT''S TIME FOR AN ELECTION !

Today was the big day ! Today was my groups last day teaching and I was so excited because in my opinion the cooperative lesson plan was the best. As a cooperative lesson my group and I decided to hold and election for all the key people are unit plan goes over. Our election consisted of Thomas Jefferson, William Clark, Meriwether Lewis, Sacagawea, and John Adams. For today's lesson my group and I were expecting the students to make a campaign poster to promote their candidate that consisted of:  a catchy slogan, the candidate's political party, visuals, three reasons why their candidate should be president, one diss comment, and a catchy slogan. For the purposes of this lesson plan everyone had a role to play that we assigned to our pre-made groups. Each group had a facilitator, a note taker, a presenter, a monitor, and a helper. Before we broke up into groups we first showed our students an example of what we were looking for to set expectations.

The example we made was based on Alexander Hamilton !



I was very excited to work with group 5 on John Adams !

My group was very eager to learn and I had so much fun working with them. They were all very creative and worked together well. In order to monitor collaboration I observed the students and provided scaffolding when necessary. Once all the students were done we held an election and every group had a chance to present their posters.  My group had great researching skills and I loved the jingle they created. The jingle they created was "Out of all the candidates we're the best the very best of the best ! He fought for America's independence and now he's ready to lead the best. The U.S. is the best !"



My last day of teaching fieldwork was great and I couldn't have 
asked for a better group to work with! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Smirnova Saves the Day !