Entering the Classroom

Today was our first official day in the classroom ! I was so excited to meet the students I would be teaching. In fieldwork our main goal was to really get to know our students, their interests, their weaknesses, and their strengths. My group and I prepared a board game with different colored cards representing different types of questions. We had red cards which represented our Are you a Social Studies Super Star which contained different social studies questions, blue cards which represented All About Me! giving us an opportunity to ask our students question to learn more about them, and green cards which represented Get to Know Us ! which gave our students an opportunity to ask us any questions to learn about their future teachers. All of students seem to enjoy our game and they really liked having the opportunity to ask us questions. When our students got a social studies question a lot of our students were knowledgeable, but I found it interesting that a lot of our students did not know what a political party was.

Overall I though my peers did a great job creating fun interactive get to know me activities. I saw one group that played Jenga with the kids and another group who had a beach ball with multiple questions on it. My peers really inspire me to keep being creative ! At the end of our get to know me activity we gave our students a pre-assessment that we all created together and I look forward to finding out the results so I can teach my students the necessary material they need to learn.

I can't wait to finish my lesson plans and teach, but I also look forward to seeing group one's lesson plans !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Smirnova Saves the Day !