Farewell Social Studies

The semester has ended and I have to say it was a pleasure being in Dr. Smirnova's class with my fellow colleagues. This class was an enriching experience and I am proud of all the hard work I put into this class. I have learned so many useful things I plan to incorporate into my future classroom. Dr. Smirnova not only pushed us to go further, but also to get the small easy details right.  I am grateful for how well I am being prepared for student teaching next semester. It was a pleasure meeting the students we got to work with and I am so happy I was able to contribute to giving these students an enriching experience with social studies. I have to say working with fifth graders was probably the most meaningful experience I had in this classroom. They require more challenging material and watching them learn and take ownership of their work was great ! In this class just like science methods I learned of a lot of new technologies I could use in the future like Nearpod and Mentimeter. In addition I learned more about activities like jigsaw and the artifact bag which I think my future students will really enjoy. In addition I would have never thought of creating an inquiry lesson plan for Social Studies, but it is totally possible and making history alive provides for authentic learning ! Overall I had a great experience in Social Studies and I can't wait to use everything I learned in student teaching. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Smirnova Saves the Day !